Monday 6 June 2022

Hobbs and Shaw. An old review

This week’s Trip to the Movies back in the day was Hobbs and Shaw. This may be relevant if its ever on a streaming service, so please read away! I waited the necessary hour and a bit in the foyer, passing the time reading quietly. I’ll review the book I was reading later – it's well worth the time and effort.

I really did struggle on how to approach this review so here is my poor best.

Hobbs and Shaw is an action tour de force which will absolutely sweep the Oscars this year. Honest.




Providing those Oscars are;-

Best One-Liners

Most Over the top Fight scenes

Most physics-defying car chases

Worst on-screen kiss



And finally

DRUM ROLL……..

Most complete disregard for reality EVER 

(Though as I post this, Fast And Furious 9 makes this look like a David Attenborough documentary on the human condition). 

Seriously.



This is a film which knows exactly what it is, and really, really, REALLY, doesn’t care. I had a great time watching it and there are those times (like today for me) when you want your film served with an extra chunk of cheddar. If you’re in the mood for that then go and watch this film. The cheddar is rich, full-bodied and crumbly with a hint of chilli. Everything is better with cheese, right?




If you’re not – then why the hell are you reading this crap! Go watch a proper film like Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, which, brilliant though it is, I enjoyed a whole lot less than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment